The PLAN4Digital workshop took place on April 27, 2022, between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm, virtually. This workshop is part of a series of workshops that will be promoted under activity 4, “PLAN4Digital”, of PPS1, “Digi4Construction”, to contribute to the definition of a Digital Transition Plan for the Construction Industry – Plan4Digital.
Thus, this first workshop sought to define a consensus model for the action plan and identify concrete and strategic measures to be adopted for the digitalisation of the AEC sector. To this end, the session was divided into two parts: an expository session (30 min) and a debate session (1h30 min).
The expository session framed the theme of digitalization of the AEC sector, as well as the objectives of the REV@CONSTRUCTION project, namely activity 4. Specifically, the following topics were addressed:
- The Mobilising Project REV@Construction and PLAN4Digital Activity;
- Proposed model for the Action Plan;
- State of the Art and BIM Implementation;
- Legislative Framework.
In the debate session, the dialogue between the experts was promoted with the support of the digital collaboration platform – Conceptboard in the management and aggregation of the experts’ knowledge. This session was divided into 4 main parts:
- Part I – Barriers to Digitisation/BIM;
- Part II – Action Plan Model for Digital Transition;
- Part III – Measures for the Digital Transition of the Construction Industry;
- Part IV – General discussion of results.
For the workshop, which took place indoors, only for guests, several experts representing the different quadrants of the sector participated, including:
- Business fabric: AECOPS (Association of Construction and Public Works and Services Companies); Grupo Casais; Gabriel Couto; Grupo ACA; APPC (Associação Portuguese Association of Designers and Consultants); Engexpor; Quadrante; A400; TPF; and Grupo Mota-Engil.
- Competencies: Universidade do Minho; Instituto Politécnico de Leiria; ISCTE – Instituto Universitário de Lisboa; Ordem dos Arquitetos; and Ordem dos Engenheiros.
- Hiring and Management: EPAL – Empresa Portuguesa das Águas Livres, SA; Infraestruturas de Portugal; Lisboa SRU – Sociedade de Reabilitação Urbana; Gaiurb, EM Urbanismo e Habitação; Comissão Técnica 197 – Building Information Modelling (BIM); and Comissão Técnica 204 – Gestão de Ativos.