Under PPS1 Activity 5 the idBIM object library plugin is under development. This is an essential tool of the National Object Library, allowing the quick communication of BIM software with the Library’s web platform. This plugin will provide several functionalities such as:
- Basic management of the personal object library;
- Importing objects from the national library into BIM models with personalised selection of the information to be incorporated;
- Updating of library objects incorporated into BIM models;
- Improved object quality through the incorporation of property sets derived from Product Data Templates, helping the user to develop objects with information requested by sources such as CPR, EPD or IFC interoperability;
- Export objects in various formats, such as rvt, rfa, ifc, obj and stl;
- This plugin already has a first prototype developed, which is being tested by the development team. The plugin is supported on REVIT software, but synergies will be created with other software houses that can adapt the plugin to their software.